History of the house

The name already implies the long history of our house, in the 19th century stagecoaches still stopped here to change their horses. The building, then called guesthouse “Golden Eagle” was bought by Friedrich Faber in 1869. In 1899 the Wieland family acquired the house and changed its name to “Post-Faber”. In 1919 Paul Weeber took over the hotel, under his direction the building was completely renovated and modernized. In April 1945 the house was totally destroyed, when owner Max Weeber came home from the war, he found just a pile of rubble. After the reconstruction the hotel with guest rooms and a restaurant was reopened in 1949. Oskar Weeber and his wife Christel took over the hotel in 1975, under their direction the Plot next door was bought and was built to be part of the hotel. Additionally the whole ground floor and the kitchen area were renovated. Stefanie Weeber took over the hotel in 2020 from her father Oskar and runs it in 5th generation of the Weeber family.

Christel and Oskar Weeber handing it over to their daughter Stefanie